Thursday 7 February 2013

Equipped for the great outdoors...


Regular readers of Mancunian Wave will know how I appreciate my weekend walks in the countryside, away from the strife of the office and the hustle and bustle of city centre life.

I was pleased to unwrap a pair of new walking boots under the Christmas tree six weeks ago and have been putting them through their paces ever since.  This winter's conditions have created a whole host of elements to test my boots underfoot: mud, ice and snow.

A company that has a wide range of country clothing and outdoor equipment is  Uttings Outdoor. As well as the expected items of walking boots and Wellington boots they stock navigational aids, solar items, rucksacks and tents. Trekking poles and even pop-up audio speakers too, which makes my mind boggle at the kind of high-tech camping and glamping and outdoors life that is available in 2013.who go out to so anyone who tries hunting or s
Maybe the countryside is noisier than I had thought...
Mancunian Wave is delighted to be taking part in the first Rurality Blog Hop.

12 comments:

  1. I also love nature pictures!It's good to be well equipped for some walk in the field!
    Adorable critter portrait, great capture and post for this Rurality theme!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that's a donkey in your photo it's the first one I've seen with body markings normally found on a pig. I find that good quality walking footwear are well worth the $$$ paid for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat photo. What a thoughtful gift: hiking boots. O sure do love mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a big city girl, I'm sorry I have to ask this, but what kind of animal is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a combination of pig and donkey to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it DOES look like a combo pig/donkey! what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting observations- I hadn't thought of a pig element- am 100% sure it is "just" a donkey '-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Great shot of this gift of nature ~ glad your boots are getting a great work out ~

    Carol of (A Creative Harbor) ^_^ on Blogger visiting from Rurality

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes. Mother Nature is taking good care of this cutie. Nice capture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the comments about the pig coloring... I have to say it does look that way... love that he's shaking himself off... I'd love a new pair of boots for walking, what a great gift. Thank you for joining in 'Rurality Blog Hop #1' Hope to see you next Wednesday for #2...

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain