Wednesday 6 February 2013

ABC Wednesday: "D" is for the dawn of the day...


The past six weeks have seen me appreciating the weekend dawns in a way I never have before... The lateness of the dawn means I have often been out in the countryside of northern Cheshire by the time the sun is rising or has just risen. I cannot resist trying to capture the atmosphere of such a perfect start to a winter's day. Taking part in the "D" round of ABC Wednesday.

Last Saturday's Guardian had a great Locals Guide to Manchester.

13 comments:

  1. Girl...you are talented!This image is absolutely stunning!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have caught it. I miss those European winter dawns. Did I tell you Chrissy that in April I am having 3 weeks in France & Germany, long way from Manchester but very excited to be heading for a European sojourn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is lovely.
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful - a very special time of day (and yes, I do miss those European wintry dawns!) The light is magic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely dawn light set against the silhouetted tree. Very graphic and nicely composed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty dawn! Have a great rest of the week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely image, almost makes you think of getting up early in spring and summer as well......almost!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a soft, quiet way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain