Tuesday 15 January 2013

Scene from a train, Jardin d'Hiver


Yesterday there was no snow in the city, but some settled in the suburbs and there was plenty in the hills. A friend up on the tops near Lees is snowed in. I had a meeting in Lancashire to attend and this was a snapshot from a speeding commuter train passing near Adlington (the 8.54 from Manchester Piccadilly should you ask!). Not the best of photos but the nearest I could get to the snow on a workday, and it gives you a freezing flavour. 

A song that came to mind was Jardin d'Hiver by Stacey Kent.  Taking part in the Our World Tuesday meme.

16 comments:

  1. Oooooh I live in the city and so far I've been very disappointed not to see any snow! However I am getting a train to Thirsk on Friday so this gave me the idea that there will still be some clinging to the hills *fingers crossed*!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenery! Looks like a painting :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent image and I love the effect in this picture, it looks like a painting indeed!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that you can enjoy the snow by riding a train rather than having to drive a vehicle through it. Pretty scene.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you had the comfort of the train to view it from. Only a dusting on the rooftops so far in SE London but I think it will be arriving overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the freezing flavour :-) It never snows here in California so I enjoy it very much.

    Stopping by from My world Tuesday and A photo and a quote on trees in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That scenery is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the grainy-ness. Cool shot from the train!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know something? That looks pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know this song, will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually, I love it! The grain makes it look like a still from some old film :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh winder wonder land - wonderful.

    please have a good wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like it too... the hint of movement gives it a fleeting feel that really adds to the mood of the weather

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain