Tuesday 7 August 2012

Olympic football semi-finals at Old Trafford


The myriad of flags, banners and bunting in Manchester proclaiming "London 2012" seem a little incongruous to me but brighten up the Ship Canal  walkway. It's a short walk from here to where the Olympic football continues at Old Trafford today- the men's semi-final between South Korea and Brazil (kick off's at 1945 BST). It will do well to match the exciting women's semi-final at Old Trafford which saw Canada narrowly lose 3-4 to the USA last night.

For posts on my week in Olympic London see my guest posts at: Smitten by Britain. A second post on the Olympics is about to be published but meanwhile here's a reminder of last week's London Olympics...cycle road races.

Linking today to the Our World Tuesday blog.

13 comments:

  1. Nice picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the women's USA vs Canada match which was excellent - although that was never a penalty for the US equaliser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - I was in a similar boat when I watched the Cameroon v Chile at the Melbourne Cricket Ground - with lots of flags says "Sydney" all over the place!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was a most exciting match - and we were robbed....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto Violet Sky!! Boom & gar of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful walk along the ship canal Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really enjoying the Olympics, great to see Team GB do so well, good to see that Manchester is part of it. One day your great city deserves to hold it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that receding line of flags...

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son is desperate to visit Old Trafford... the home of his favourite football team. Maybe this September we might make the trip by train for his 13th birthday.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super photo, Chrissy. Naturally, I support my home country team, USA, but I agree with a comment above. I am not sure USA deserved that penalty or free kick before it. Wonderful to see the commitment by both teams during the entire game.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The banners certainly do brighten up the walkway. We will miss them when they are taken down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like a great urban walkway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Must admit haven't watched any of the football at this Olympics watched plenty of other sports and I saw GB has 22 gold, well done. I am too enjoying the Smitten By Britain Page.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain