Monday 31 August 2015

Monday Mural: Eastern Bloc hits 30


Eastern Bloc is one of my favourite places to have a coffee, inside by the vinyl store or outside on Stevenson Square, I love the Russian onion domed churches and the red star Soviet feel of the place's artwork. It's my contribution to this Public Holiday Monday Mural.


A celebration of 30 years as a record store takes place at Band On the Wall on Saturday 5 September You can get in the mood with a library of Eastern Bloc mixes and podcasts here,














8 comments:

  1. And that pecan cake looks real delicious. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've sat out there a few times - great spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love having coffee here too. Love the mural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole place looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that- I'm sure I could find some treat to my liking inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a difference a little bit of artwork does for this place. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like quasi-Soviet imagery.

    It's tasteless, just as swastikas would be, and an insult to the millions of innocent people killed by the Soviet regime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very hip and drôle; definitely the kind of place I'd like to visit. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain