Monday 24 March 2014

Monday Mural: security in the underpass...


This creative piece of non-commissioned street art is pasted onto the concrete wall in Piccadilly tram station underpass. I was careful as I walked across the tram track to capture it on my phone.  Handpainted on A4 sheets of scrap paper-  a wonderful reuse of resources which add to the piece I think. I'm unsure as to who the artist is.

The slightly oversized hat remind me of a dictator or general from China, Britain, or North Korea as much as a security guard. Some might say that some security guards are a little too dictatorial at times, but I couldn't possibly comment.

Taking part in the Monday Mural.


6 comments:

  1. Interesting find. I think he doesn't look totalitarian enough to be from somewhere like N. Korea. I think he looks a little unsure of himself. Maybe he's Canadian? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does look a bit unsure of himself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right about the hat. My first association was the Russians in Crimea. Shows you how headlines can affect your perception. Thanks again for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain