Wednesday 12 March 2014

ABC Wednesday: "I" is for immense ice cream cone...


Mancunian Wave is taking part in ABC Wednesday where this week we reach the letter "I". I am unsure whether this current exhibit at The City Art Gallery is part of the exhibition Sculptural Forms: A Century of Experiment or Portuguese contemporary artist Joana Vasconcelos’ Time Machine. It fits with both and, as both exhibitions are impressively imaginative, everyone should be happy. 

It's glorious sunshine at present in Manchester and the north-west which started at the weekend -it's crisp but in the sunshine warm enough to partake in the first ice creams of 2014!


16 comments:

  1. It's not the real thing but it still made my mouth water. Ice cream is my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ice-cream! My post is about ice-cream too, eaten by my two-years old granddaughter.
    Wil, ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice cream, a sure sign that summer is on its way. Well, fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun! I always enjoy her work which JM shows us often from Lisbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks big, and makes me feel like getting some ice cream...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How neat. A bit delicate to put together, I expect :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer the real thing, but a great image and a creative I

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible and inimitable! I can't wait till warm weather for the real thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here in Canada lots of towns have a statue of something huge and an attraction. I would certainly enjoy living in a city that celebrated the ice cream cone in that way. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ice cream can always brighten up one's day!! Lovely capture and choice for I

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ice cream as ART! Fewer calories...
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete
  12. COOL sculpture!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That is a huge one! Wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain