Friday 31 January 2014

Skywatch Friday: Dunham delights


The delights of Dunham Massey are to be found at this time of year in its solitude. The house (work started on it in 1616) is sadly closed up for the winter but the grounds with their roaming deer are open as are the restaurant, cafe and gift shops (in the buildings to the left). 

My preferred option is to walk there early before the grounds are officially open to the public- you get a true sense of the size, the space and the original setting then, before the crowds arrive (although there's room for all and I used to do that too about a decade ago, with a young family). Well done everyone, we have made it to the end of January!


Here are this week's other Skywatch Friday posts.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful shot, I love it the sense of space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous place, light and photo. And you're right, it's all downhill to Spring now... famous last words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could enjoy myself wandering about there any time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this shot, too. Blown away by your canal shot yesterday :).

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain