Monday 13 January 2014

Monday Mural: 4 sides of 5 Rhythms


Today's Monday Mural is a little unusual in that it's painted on a narrow boat rather than a wall. I saw 5 Rhythms on the Lancaster canal last week near Hasty Brow Road. Narrow boats (or barges as narrow boat owners hate to hear them called) are usually conservatively painted in traditional colours and designs, as regular readers of this blog will have probably noticed. 

The sun last week, although very welcome, made it tricky to get a single good angle photograph of 5 Rhythms, short of my wading into the canal to capture the side that the sun was shining on. As much as I enjoy blogging and sharing my views of the world, that would have been a step too far... For a better overview photo, click here.




13 comments:

  1. Wait! The first thing I thought of was the spiritual and then I saw the boat's name: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg_8L96E3eU

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those patterns and watery tones, there's creativity everywhere you look:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very nice Chrissy. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way you put these together really makes the collection. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. colourful boat - the feb theme is "entry" then march is "triangles" and april "people in the street"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like these a lot, Chrissy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - we have muraled trucks all over San Francisco, but I must admit that is the first time I have seen a muraled barge - cool

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, great colors there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good the idea of a collage, Chrissy, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our first boat mural! I bet the owners of this narrow boat are a lot of fun at a party. How cool they commissioned a mural for their abode. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very artistic and I love this theme!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain