Monday 11 November 2013

Monday Mural: blank spaces on Stevenson Square!


Last week while passing Stevenson Square I noticed the summer murals had finally all been painted over in white. Potentially there are a dozen available spaces, so we now eagerly await the next round of murals to adorn them. Will there be a wintry theme like this time last year or the year before, 2011?

I like the way that some green Northern Quarter resident has reclaimed the top space here and cleverly built a little wild flower garden on top of the wall that, once upon a time, was the ceiling of an underground public convenience! 

Don't worry, I haven't run out of Manchester murals and am still taking part in the Monday Mural meme at the Oakland Daily Photo blog.  I simply wanted to share a photo of this creative space in transition. Watch this space!

7 comments:

  1. Great! have a nice week Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking at this last night, one side has been painted now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A blank canvas - waiting for what we don't know yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice to see the garden growing - I was wondering what they were doing when I saw them adding the wood to the top earlier this year - see my photo on Geograph

    ReplyDelete
  6. New canvases for new art! What will the fecund minds of Manchester artists bring us? I look forward to the big reveals. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain