Tuesday 5 March 2013

City Art Gallery is Shaw spring-like #citydailyphoto


The red crane in St Peter's Square gives me a chance to link today, if somewhat tenuously, to the Ruby Tuesday blog.

The fabulous foliage all along the City Art Gallery railings, although looking very spring-like (a good sign in itself!) is actually for the Raqib Shaw exhibition. 


"Enter the gallery doors past a magical series of willow and spring flower installations to discover the dark, unsettling world of Raqib Shaw’s art. Beneath the seductive surface of his jewel-encrusted works, you’ll find a disturbing land inhabited by terrifying monkey warriors and other mythical beasts. Exclusive to Manchester and Prague, this new exhibition comprises recent paintings, sculptures and works on paper".


With thanks to Rachel for pointing out the foliage!

8 comments:

  1. I love what they have done with the outside of the gallery and the Shaw exhibition inside is pretty spectacular as well. I covered both on my blog and still have some pictures I want to post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicate flowers in this iron fence, a beautiful image!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will just admire the bright, beautiful flowers and skip the terrifying monkey warrior art!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet flowers - I can't wait for Spring either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the angle of this shot.

    My entries:
    Liz (mcn)
    Liz (mot)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely spring blooms.

    Hopping by from Ruby Tuesday.
    Here is my Ruby for Hungry Kids
    Your comment is always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain