Monday 18 February 2013

Blue Monday, Blue Refuge #citydailyphoto


I pass the Refuge Building many times a week and have become too blasé about its deep red brick beauty. So I thought I’d offer up a version in blue, and tie it in with one of Manchester’s longest surviving bands, New Order. 

Blue Monday was one of the iconic New Order tracks from the 1980s and is the biggest selling 12 inch record ever. There was an interesting article on the making of it in last Monday's Guardian.

It has been reissued and remixed many times all over the world. It is also said to have helped pave the way for the cyperpunk movement, as best exemplified in the popularity of The Matrix film. It was also covered by one of my favourite bands, Flunk (from Norway) and their version featured in the 2004 movie Walking Tall.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely!I like this version in blue, the arch entrance and gate are wonderful, I also love the light in this image!Well done! :)
    Have a nice day dear Chrissy,
    hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look through the arches and yes I remember the song - you should link this post to the Blue Monday meme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture and the tie-in with New Order! I like Gerald's idea of Blue Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the soul.

    Please have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain