Thursday 28 January 2016

#Zouk adds fizz as summer comes early @ZoukTeaBar


   

Cocktails in all shapes and sizes, check Zouk for details when they are launched officially. Cocktail guru Ricardo and fellow VIP invitee Michelle look comfortable behind the bar. And, after nearly 5 years of daily photos on this blog, it’s time I posted one of myself- thanks to Laura for the bottom photo, making me (green sleeves) look like I know what I’m doing (well, almost).


I had a fun evening at Zouk last night and was delighted to be invited to the launch of their summer cocktail menu- yup, I know we are still in January but hey… Maybe the cocktail industry is akin to the fashion industry and two seasons ahead of itself?

I had an experience similar to that of being on the catwalk when I was let loose behind the bar to mix some cocktails. Under the steady gaze (had he known me better it would have been a wary gaze) and guidance of Zouk cocktail supremo Ricardo, I was soon measuring generous quantities of magical ingredients, and dispersing cubes of ice in wayward directions as I got my game in order to recreate a Lychee Martini- It tasted just as Zouk’s new menu suggests it should - deliciously sweet with a zing (just like me I hear you cry).

I also enjoyed sipping a Romance cocktail- chilled champagne with lanique rose petal liquor- there have been far worse ways to round off a day in the office I must admit.

While the next round of cocktail meister wanabees took to the bar my new friends @MissPond, Michelle and I were given a lesson in wine tasting by one of Zouk’s suppliers. Three varied whites went down a treat but I had to leave before being sampling the reds. Maybe it’s just as well.

It did seem somewhat incongruous then to be walking across town to the People’s Assembly Against Austerity committee meeting with a bag of cocktail goodies in one hand (thanks Zouk!) and a large bag of blankets and clothing for the refugees at the Dunkirk camp in another, but I guess that’s the never attending attempt to achieve a life balance for you.

4 comments:

  1. Having seen the photo on Instagram it was interesting to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done!So cool to see the pictures. You have many talents!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a pretty full on day yesterday Chrissy. I must say you look well at home there behind that cocktail bar :) there's something a little special about sipping a cocktail in cool surroundings! Cocktail goodies in one bag blankets in the other indicates a well rounded agenda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The place does look inviting inside, Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain