Wednesday 22 October 2014

ABC Wednesday: October onset, On set


ABC Wednesday reaches the letter "O" and there is filming on Harter Street and elsewhere in the Northern Quarter and King Street all this week. Manchester doubles up as 1920s New York for the film Genius, with Nicole Kidman, Jude Law, Dominic West, Guy Pearce and Colin Firth (release date is in 2016).

On Sunday they had to use fake rain but a Mancunian rain shower on Monday helped them out. I am afraid I am going to break the City Daily Photo (singular) rule today and give you the photos that I snapped while wandering around on the set, mostly on Harter Street, with the last one on Mangle Street.














11 comments:

  1. With the right props the movie industry can fool a lot of people about what they are seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not a bad cast, will be an interesting movie I'm sure. Nice place to shoot a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shots. Yes, it does sound like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In b/w these would be amazing. I do believe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great, I love anything with Colin Firth in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting! Looking forward to seeing the movie and particularly Colin Firth.
    I like the blue truck, rather stands out in such a drab background.
    I was amused to read that the film makers had to use false rain when Manchester is renown for
    it's high volume of rain!

    Best wishes from
    Di.
    Abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. The set really does feel very much of the era.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always good to see an Aussie star in the line up Chrissy :) movies set in the 1920's really appeal to me, the clothes etc.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain