Thursday 20 December 2012

Frozen in time, frozen canal


The Trent and Mersey canal, frozen over near Barnton. We saw four swans near here, led by an adult who was breaking its way through the ice, using its breast as an icebreaker. 


Judging by the channel they had made from when we saw them at the start and finish of our walk, they were moving at about 100 metres an hour. I really felt for them (Disappointingly perhaps, it wouldn't have made a good enough photo to show, being just four swans in a row on a bleak day). 


Time to head inside for the warmth and comfort. My guide to a homebaked, homemade Christmas (with the baking all thanks to Susie, Holly & Tim) is now up at the 4 Manchester Women blog.

14 comments:

  1. Very colorful. Happy Holidays Chrissy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's a beautiful photo! what editing did you use? i'm checking out the blog, looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one was with http://pixlr.com/o-matic/

      Delete
  3. Great picture. On Tuesday we had a personal trip on a passenger narrowboat on the Grand Union Canal in Rickmansworth. The volunteer who runs the shop at the lock, and sorts mail for the houseboat owners, said wait a minute whilst I get the boat started. Then we were the only people on the narrowboat. I must put some pictures on my blog of that soon. Fortunately Tuesday was a bright cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pic, I like the processing. I seem to feel I need a bit of colour at this time of year but it's hard to find sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I really like what you did with this photo - those wonderful tones. I'm off to check out your guide, it sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photo and super website. I can see you are organized and all set for a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eye catching photo Chrissy, and I can attest to the tasty homemade Christmas happening at yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What joy for the sense of sight. Please have a good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely, interesting photo. Love the composition, love the colors and the effect, whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the treatment you have given to the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain