Sunday 12 June 2016

Music and mud at #Parklife2016

Wolf Alice, Fat White Family. Photos above by Nev Dunn

Back from a great weekend at Parklife in Heaton Park. The rain gods obliged us with showers and downpours, tuning the fields into churned mud in no time at all. People high on the music and interesting substances didn’t seem to mind too much. I got back home in time to see the final laser effects of the festival’s Saturday night from my balcony five miles away. You could hear the music too at times.

Most of the bands we wanted to see on Saturday played under cover in the Big Top, and there was a really good vibe of joy and friendliness in most quarters. Sunday I worked as a volunteer on wristband exchange- second Sunday running I was working- there’s a first (I coordinated a Manchester Histories Festival event last week on Music in Manchester during World War I). A great way to people watch and a nice bunch of fellow volunteers. I hope the park and the people recover from the final Sunday night deluge.



Some snaps of mine from the weekend:






2 comments:

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain