Tuesday 1 December 2015

City Daily Photo Theme Day: Shop window


This month's theme day City Daily Photo is Shop Window. I was spoiled for choice and have a few photos of (non-festive) shop windows that I'll show over the coming  days. I went to the side windows of a dull department store on Tib St/Market St to take this photo of florist Flourish. I like the way their produce is as bright and colourful as the department store panels above, which look 1960s to me but may be later?  

I am into flowers from a florist providing they have been harvested locally, although for me the best bunch of flowers I could be given would come from someone's garden. Transporting flowers by planes like I imagine many big florist chains do is a shocking waste of energy and contributes to climate change.




10 comments:

  1. I love flower stalls and I like the combination with the coloured panels of the building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This street would tempt me to walk down it often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice.
    I could have spent time and money here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i could find quite a bit here and i love the colorful building top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who doesn't like flowers? Looks like we'd be spoiled for choice here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a great image and looks a nice place to shop for flowers at any time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couldn't agree more Chrissy, fresh local flowers are always the best . Super shot for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couldn't agree more Chrissy, fresh local flowers are always the best . Super shot for the theme.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain