Friday 28 August 2015

Skywatch Friday: #ManchesterPride


It's the annual big weekend of Manchester Pride - where LGBTQIA* communities and friends can celebrate life and raise money for charities. Here are two of the stages being set up on Bloom St/ Sackville St on Wednesday. Dannii Minogue and Atomic Kitten are among the acts lined up.

What are your plans this August public holiday weekend? (I refuse to refer to them as "Bank Holidays") I think a visit to the vintage fair at Manchester Cathedral (which is today and tomorrow), The Stockport Old Town Fringe Festival (which is all weekend) and a walk in the hills above Rochdale are on the cards for me...  

A photo for Skywatch Friday, sharing skies of all hues and colours around the world.



* Should anyone need this explaining, it stands for people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, intersex or asexual
.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely sky. It isn't a long weekend where I live but it is in another week. again I'll avoid the traffic and savour the waning days of summer at my home. In between I'll be travelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very colourful! We had an August long weekend at the beginning of the month, and then Labour Day in a week. I've never thought of Labour Day as a holiday, particularly in school days. It was always that last gasp of freedom to a condemned man.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain