Wednesday 23 July 2014

ABC Wednesday: "B" is for Bill's, breakfast to bedtime




Taking part in ABC Wednesday. Bill’s Restaurant opened recently on John Dalton Street in a blaze of well-placed social media publicity – well, I certainly saw a lot about it on the twittersphere. 

Although it looks independent it’s actually a chain and this is the 39th Bill’s. Starting in East Sussex as a local fruit and veg place I believe. The retro touches make it look appealing enough. I will pop in for a coffee to check it out as it's "open from breakfast to bedtime".

I have yet to try it myself and wondered what they cook for vegan and veggies- too often this is an afterthought with some restaurants. Here too it seems, Just two of 14 mains courses, so not that good in my book. In this supposedly enlightened , more cruelty-free, health-conscious world, I am still surprised at the lack of healthy cruelty-free catering on offer in general.

But back to "B" and I'm also amazed at how artisan beef (and beyond) burgers seem to have taken off recently in Manchester- and I assume beyond - and don't get me started on the plethora of Brazilian restaurants (I can think of three; two in the city centre and one in Altrincham) that only serve beef and meat. Blood trickling across my plate? no thanks... 









9 comments:

  1. i like that pink chair. reminds me of my grandma's rocking chair when i was little, same color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding places that are open for breakfast! Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a pleasant restaurant. I had company awhile back who are vegetarians, so hunting down a restaurant with enough of a vegetarian alternative had to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tribute to Bill's love the pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a pleasant place. Carver ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. Manchester is not all that far away from us - yet we have nothing like this near where we live. I must look into the possibility of a train journey and venture far afield! Denise ABC Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice photos! Of course, I can't speak for the food, but it looks like a pleasant enough place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still, looks like a nice place!
    ROG, ABCW

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain